Shipping - Voyage Simulation
Ships need to be designed to fulfil the requirements of their anticipated voyages and/or duty. BMT uses voyage simulation to assess the performance of the ship or fleet of ships in the context of the ocean wind and wave environment.
Voyage simulation is used to:
- Assess the likely occurrence of loss of speed due to bad weather
- Estimate the risk of arriving late
- Estimate the risk of experiencing damage
- Optimise the fleet for bulk cargo trades (e.g. crude oil, LNG, CNG)
- Assess the potential impact of crowded ports and berth congestion