Continued Professional Development (CPD) Seminars
BMT Fluid Mechanics provides Continual Professional Development (CPD) seminars on civil engineering for architects. CPD is the requirement that professionals continue their education and training every year after they qualify.
"CPD is any activity which maintains, enhances or increases the knowledge and skills of the architect to the benefit of his or her career, business, profession, clients and the public." - RIBA
BMT Fluid Mechanics are members of the RIBA CPD providers network and provide the following seminar on Wind Effects on the Built Environment.
Wind Effects on the Built Environment
- Properties of wind that are important in building design.
- Nature of wind flows around building structures.
- Various effects that wind has on buildings.
- How to take these effects into account in design.
- Background covering wind properties and building aerodynamics
- Wind effects on built environment - wind loading and wind environment
- Wind tunnel tests
- Case studies
To Arrange a CPD Seminar
Please contact Samantha Adams via email: